I love December 1st. Each year we host a small tree trimming party and finally get around to putting up our tree. It’s funny I say finally… because I don’t really see it as a last minute thing. If I had my way, all talk of Christmas (and everything else) would be banned until December 1st. Who is with me here?
These days the Christmas chatter, including decorations and the whole commercial Christmas campaign in stores, seems to happen from early September. It has me over Christmas before it has even begun.
Once upon a time, December would mark the start of Christmas parties and get togethers but this year, most of the end of year parties have been and gone. It makes sense though. It’s such a busy time of year for everyone and the more you can get out of the road or put off entirely before December hits the better.
I usually do a huge end of year giveaway here on AMC that includes several collaborations with my favourite brands and bloggers. This year, with my daughter recovering from surgery and me needing some time out to look after her, I’m not my usual organised self. I not myself at all.
Truth be told, I wasn’t convinced the surgery would go so well, or I would be back to blogging business for December. I didn’t want to over commit myself by starting something I wasn’t sure I could finish.
The good news is my daughter seems to be recovering well. While I still need to be here 24/7 for the next week or so and my daughter has a good six-ish weeks of recovery ahead of her, I will have lots of time to dedicate to entering and promoting all your giveaways together with running a few of my own.
You could say December is going to be all about blogging giveaways here on AMC. Starting with our next Blog Exchange challenge “All I want for Christmas is…”. I will also be kick starting our next round of Worth Casing Blog Awards.
There’s more, a whole lot more but I’m glad to report I’m not throwing in any steak knives into the mix.
Apparently, according to my mother-in-law, gifting steak knives (or any knife) is a recipe for disaster and brings on a whole lot of bad luck. So does putting new shoes on the table. Now I’m not sure I buy into all that superstition but I’m not sure I’m game to test it either after the month we have just had.
What I will say… winners are most certainly grinners and you definitely have to be in it to win it.
Aussie Giveaway Linkup instructions:
If you’re a blogger or business wanting to take part in the Aussie Giveaway Linkup:
- Only link directly to the giveaway post/s.
- Include the prize and end date in the linky tool below.
- Link each giveaway separately.
- Giveaways must be open to Australian residents and be run by Australian-based bloggers or businesses.
- Grab the AGL button to add to your post or sidebar (optional but much appreciated).
- A new list is added on the 1st of the month so bloggers and business owners need to add their links monthly.
- Start entering the giveaways! Entry is at your own risk. We do not take responsibility for unfulfilled prizes or a blogger/business not abiding by their own terms and conditions.
- Leave a comment each time you link. It really is the quickest way to notify me of your giveaway, so I can start sharing the social media love your way.
Do you know of any great giveaways this month? Is there a blogging equivalent of ‘stay tuned’?