I’m feeling especially lucky (and old) this month with my birthday tomorrow. I’m 45. Old enough to put a number on it and own it. Young enough to appreciate life is what you make it, no matter your age or shoe size.
Unlike my approach to turning 40, there was no bucket list this year. If I’m honest, with hubby away for the past month at sea and me doing the whole part-time solo parent gig, I’ve hardly had five minutes to myself, let alone the time to think about birthday parties, bucket lists and getting older.
As a general rule, although I can’t remember when or why I made the rule, I don’t usually go all out or even celebrate my birthday. With hubby arriving home tonight you can guarantee, that is all about to change, as I put in for some much needed long service leave on the home front, although clearly I want to catch up and debrief with hubby first before I run away on my own for some time out.
My girls, who are all foodies, have been casing the web for ways to treat me. Although with my food intolerances, I’m not convinced their idea of a food good time is mine. For one day at least, you could say, I’m making up for lost time and all the birthdays I chose to ignore over the years as I turn 45. Starting with this….
Krispy Kreme Choc Coated Bacon Shake from Babooshka Cafe Northbridge
Looking for crazy ideas and birthday party inspiration this week. How would you celebrate a BIG birthday? You could…
Posted by Mystery Case on Monday, 28 September 2015
If I survive my birthday festivities, you can guarantee, I will be heading back here to case all the fab giveaways throughout the month. Especially the $10k trip to China from Load&Go China. You simply need to visit loadandgochina.com.au and plan your dream trip to enter. Too easy!
I’m also running a number of giveaways online and off this month, as I look for ways to support Frocktober and the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF).
This year, rather than celebrate my 3rd blogiversary with a huge giveaway, I opted to have some of my favourite brands come to the Frocktober party. You can catch a sneak peek of what I’m on about up to here (Event Ready Event) and throughout the month, as I introduce you to our giveaway sponsors both for the event and the blog. Everything that will have you Event Ready and well basically reading for anything.
AUSSIE GIVEAWAY LINKUP – OCTOBER
Aussie Giveaway Linkup instructions:
If you’re a blogger or business wanting to take part in the Aussie Giveaway Linkup:
- Only link directly to the giveaway post/s.
- Include the prize and end date in the linky tool below.
- Link each giveaway separately.
- Leave a comment each time you link. It really is the quickest way to notify me of your giveaway, so I can start sharing the social media love your way.
- Giveaways must be open to Australian residents and be run by Australian-based bloggers or businesses.
- Grab the AGL button to add to your post or sidebar (optional but much appreciated).
- A new list is added on the 1st of the month so bloggers and business owners need to add their links monthly.
- Start entering the giveaways! Entry is at your own risk. We do not take responsibility for unfulfilled prizes or a blogger/business not abiding by their own terms and conditions.
Next month, I’m hoping to introduce a mystery helper to run the AGL here on AMC and I’m also exploring the option of bringing on board a couple of co-hosts.