While the cat’s away the mice will play and I must confess, I’m really excited to be hosting I Must Confess this week and next, while Kirsty from My Home Truths is off gallivanting overseas with her family. It’s almost as good as going with her. Almost.
This week I’m asking you to look at trendy trends, the ones you loved, the ones you were glad to see the back of and for those feeling even more adventurous than most, why not suggest a trend or two of your own.
I have more than a few confessions this week. Firstly I’m either really behind the times or so far in front of the times it’s not funny. Take my almost vintage khaki jacket (blogged here), the one I’ve been wearing for 20 years, that is now on trend. Just a shame mine is actually thread bare and not fit to be seen in public.
But trends don’t necessarily need to be fashionable or fashion related. I must confess, there are more than a few trends out there that have me shaking my head at the moment.
On Trend, Off Trend or just OFF?!
- Announcing the sex of your baby via a cake cutting ceremony.
- Over the top wedding proposals, especially the ones that end in disaster.
and back to the fashionable side of town…
- Anything from the 80s.
- Wearing short shorts front row at fashion week, even if you have the legs for it.
- Having a small child as your fashion accessory front row, unless it’s a day time children’s runway show.
Now I probably should go to great lengths to justify my judgmental self here.
I’m definitely not calling a war on short shorts or those that think it’s ok for a 3-year-old to hit fashion week and perfect her pouting selfie pose because after the attack on my lack of a thigh gap recently, I could do without a visit from the trolls this month.
Although looking at the positives, you
trolls guys finally helped me break our 280k pageviews a month plateau tipping us just over the 300k mark. If only I had a $ for every pageview last month….
Like the troll side to blogging, these so-called trends are definitely shaking my head ‘please explain’ moments for me.
So moving right along…. I must confess, I’m halfway through writing an e-book, it’s called 52 crazy blogging ideas you will want to steal and call your own. It initially started as a bit of a joke, after I shared a snippet of a crazy blogging idea with a so-called friend, looking to collaborate, only they literally ran with the idea themselves.
Live and learn…. to be more specific, is probably the lesson here but the e-book is actually coming along rather nicely and if you’ve been following the blog or any of my social media antics of late you will know I’m full of crazy ideas. Blogging and otherwise. Some things are better out than in and shared with the masses. Right?!
Start a New Trend
Which brings me to idea 22 on the 52 crazy blogging ideas list – Start a New Trend! Easier said than done but seriously you would be surprised at how easy it is to sow a subtle seed and for it to
pick up a viral infection gain momentum in this digital age.
It could be as simple as taking over a link up for a week or two and calling it the new black….. now there’s an idea!
Other options for starting a new trend
- Reverse balayage sporting 90% grey regrowth. Seriously if this trend took off it would save me a small fortune at the hairdressers.
- Frizzy hair. Again, I’m thinking of all the time, energy and money I would save by going au naturel in the hair department and for me that means frizz, frizz, frizzy!
- Odd socks. I’ve decided that until I can afford to throw out all the odd socks and only purchase the same socks ten times over, odd socks will be from this point onwards… on trend!
Now it’s over to you! Do you have a favourite trend you would love to see make a comeback? What are the trends you were glad to see the back of? Will you be starting a trend of your own?
The Rules… are fairly relaxed regardless of whether Kirsty is away or not but posted below just in case you would like to case them….
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!
Next week’s prompt – I must confess : One New Thing – Tell me about the last time you tried something new and/or stepped outside your comfort zone? Otherwise, why not put something new on the agenda and blog about it! I can’t wait to hear your confessions!
Casing the Menu | Brunch – Flinderz